The Royal Animal Health University Certification Course is a multi-modal approach to integrative health care and animal wellness for all students: animal lovers, industry professionals, veterinary technicians and veterinarians. The certification involves both virtual and hands-on learning and provides a certification in integrative animal care through RAHU.
What is different about our integrative healthcare approach and why learn with us?
We have been teaching pet lovers, industry professionals, techs and veterinarians for the last 20 years. Our dynamic educators bring expertise and enthusiasm as they present effective modalities and techniques for integrative health care.
There are 10 core modules and many electives available in the certification course. In completing this certification, students will develop a practical understanding of the natural causes of health for each species and the ability to navigate through the many healthcare options available for animals. This body of knowledge we will create a more educated and proactive healthcare partnership between veterinary caregivers, pet parents and the animal industry.
- Causes Of Health For Animals - Structure, Function And Biome From Nose To Tail
- Wild Health Nutrition/Integrative Veterinary Nutrition
- Vaccination And Common Conditions, From Causes To Options
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Animal Restraint
- What's In Your Emergency Kit?
- Cancer And Other Solvable Conditions
- Integrative Modalities And Supplement Overview
- End Of Life, Hospice & Transition
- Environmental Impact & Responsibility
- Geriatric Care
- Starting Well - Puppy/Kitten Care
- Brain Development, Learning, Mentation, Cognitive, Socialization, Structures & Species
- Oral Options And Interactions From The Pharmacy To The Garden
- Optimizing Vet Visits And Treatments
- Improving Financial Aspects Of Animal Care
- Self-care For Healers
- Maintenance And Daily Husbandry
- Basic Hormone System Actions And Interactions
- Organ System Actions And Issues
- Genetic/Breed Predispositions & Treatments
- Treat Making And Recipes
- Salve And Topical Making And Recipes
- Disease Focused Nutrition And Care
Students in the RAHU courses also become part of our vibrant community of animal caregivers who mentor, support, encourage, and advocate for integrative animal healthcare.
Students can come from any background, as the course is useful for caregivers at home, and professionals at work. Courses and testing can be geared to accommodate different levels of education and perspectives for each student.
Currently, all available RAHU coursework is RACE approved for full CE hours for Veterinarians and technicians.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS AND TUITION
To become Certified Integrative Animal Caregiver (CIAC) the total cost includes:
1) The cost of 40 hours of online courses: between $1,250
2) Application review and processing for Certification Program: $250
3) Internship: 20 hours
Total Certification cost: $1,500
In-person seminars include printed books, organic meals and a practical gift bag.
On-site Programs - 1-Day and 2-Day Seminars available in our locations throughout the year.
Online Virtual learning - all Courses are available online. Examinations are also online.
Recognition of prior learning credits available, please request an application from firstname.lastname@example.org
Expected hourly volume of home study, including online examinations, to become certified over the 24 months = approximately 60 hours.
ASSESSMENT AND AWARD
Participants must demonstrate evidence of understanding of integrative principles in relationship to 10 Core Topics and chosen electives via online examination within 24 months.
Testing and assessment of learning will be available online as each course is completed.
Internship hours cannot be started until student has completed 50% of their coursework. Internship hours need to be preapproved by RAHU, and when completed, hours must be recorded online by the student, confirmed by approved mentor and approved by RAHU administration.
Those who complete coursework, pass examinations and complete internships according to the RAHU guidelines to meet requirements for Certification in Integrative Animal Health will be provided with an official Certification, and will be included in a social media announcement and their name will be placed in the RAHU on-line database of Certified Caregivers (unless student opts out).
Recognition of prior learning credits available, please request an application from email@example.com.
Once you have commenced the training and assessment in this Course, RAHU is committed to completing the delivery of the training within 24 months. If you are unable to complete the course due to illness or extenuating circumstances, we offer an Absence of Leave option and an Extension of Course Time option with application and additional fee (if applicable). It is your responsibility to alert us if you require either of these.